Best FASD Links on the Web
Bookmark this page, then visit these other great FASD sites!
- FASD Family Preservation Blog From FAS Family Resource Institute (FAS*FRI)
- A Parents Guide to Caring for a Child with FAS
- FASD Manual for Non-medical Service Providers by Schacht and LaDue (pdf file 169 pages, 880k)
- Strategies Parents
Find Helpful In
Raising Their Children
Living With FASD
- booklet by Czaee Rajwani of Toronto's FASD Diagnostic Clinic
(pdf file 32 pages, 273k)
- Let's Talk FASD - downloadable 63-page document (pdf 1 MG) "Parent Driven Strategies in Caring for Children with FASD" click here for more info
- The Importance of Early Identification of FASD by Kathryn Kelly
- Teaching Students with FASD from Alberta
- Mennonite Central Committee model classroom for FASD
- Hard Issues for Parents of Adolescents and Adults with FASD: Playing Lifeguard (pdf file) by Jan Lutke.
- Who has to Change? Trying their hardest, doing their best! What it is like to live with FASD (pdf file) written by Nathan E. Ory, M.A
- Raising a Child With FAS by Kathryn Shea
- Parenting Children Affected by Fetal Alcohol Syndrome 82-page document in PDF format published by the BC Ministry of Children and Families
- Links to other relevant documents
- Peggy Oba's Japan site in English and in Japanese
- FAS Information in Chinese by Peggy Oba
- FASD: A Need for Closer Examination in the Criminal Justice System (pdf file) from University of Washington
- Articles related to legal issues of FASD from University of Washington
- Swimming Upstream: A Reality Check Speech by Jan Lutke (pdf file)
- FAS Classroom Symptoms by Antonia Rathbun
- Cowichan Valley FAS Society in B.C. Canada
- The Best FAS Fact Sheet (PDF) from the Center for
Science in the Public Interest
- Early Childhood
Differential Diagnosis of FAS and ARND
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Handbook from University of South Dakota
- Fetal Brains Suffer Badly From Effects of Alcohol
- Iceberg - a quarterly international educational newsletter on FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders)
- School Behavior Plan for a child with FAE
- Dallas Services in Vancouver
- Guidelines for Caring for Children with Fetal Alcohol Effects
- Women and Alcohol Update from NIAAA (entire journal issue full of articles on this subject)
- Saskatchewan Institute on Prevention - Includes excellent planning guide for FASD Awareness Day
- Prince George FAS Network - Excellent model for community action
- Tools for FAS Community Development - Excellent model from Prince George
- Tips For Parents From Saskatchewan FAS/E Network
- Treating Fetal Alcohol Syndrome - New clinic program in Kansas
- Drinking and Your Pregnancy from NIAAA
- P-CAP Project in Washington State for at risk women with FASD
- Strategies for FASD from age 0 to 18 from Minnesota
- Strategies for Parents simple solutions to complex issues, from Alaska
- FASD Facts for Everyone from NOFAS
- Inside the Womb Review of a new book about fetal development
- Teens With ADHD
- Maternal Drinking and Child Development
- Prevent Fetal Alcohol Syndrome by Ann Streissguth, Ph.D.
- Children with Learning Disabilities and Children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Still Deprived of Equality
- Health Diary Interview with two young women with FAS
- FAS Slide Show Presentation from UNC Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies
- FAS FAQ Questions and Answers from the CDC
- FAS, the leading known cause of mental retardation - NCADD facts, statistics, symptoms.
- FAS Resource and Materials
Guide - A comprehensive list of materials to order from the Arc
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Many other sources of information regarding FAS
- D-V Massey & Associates - Psychologists in Edmonton, Canada
- Alcohol and Pregnancy Don't Mix - When a pregnant woman has a drink, so does the baby.
- Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit - FADU: research and projects of Ann P. Streissguth, Ph.D
- 1996 Report from Intsitute of Medicine - Executive Summary
- National Institute of Health Articles and Research Abstracts on FAS
- FAS Alaska - Deb Evensen's excellent site for Project FACTS
- Addressing Student Problem Behavior - Functional Behavioral Assessment
- Understanding FAS and ARND - Diane Malbin's explanation of the "invisible disability."
- The organicity of FAS - B. Morse, A. Rathbun, D. Malbin
- FAS and ADHD
- Teaching Students with FAS - MUST READ!!!!!
- Active Learning: Bridging the Gap - Helping students with FAS
- Fetal Alcohol
Syndrome/Effects - Good suggestions for parents and teachers
- FASAT(Ontario) - Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Assistance and Training
- Alcohol and Pregnancy - latest research on moderate drinking
- Close to Home - Bill Moyers series on addiction.
- FAS/FAE Symptoms in Adolescence - Behavioral symptoms of adolescents with FAS/E.
- Alcohol Related Birth Injury - ARBI: An excellent resource site in Canada
- Campaign for Alcohol Free Kids - Alcohol: #1 Drug of choice.
- La bebida y su embarazo - NIAAA brochure in Spanish
- Strategies for daily living - from NOFAS
- FAS Family Resource Institute
- Information packets and newsletter
- Why Pregnant
Women Drink - Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies article looks at alcoholism
- Study on Social Drinking During Pregnancy - Recent study on primates
- Lakeland FAS in Alberta, Canada.
- Drinking During Pregnancy from the March of Dimes
- FAS Fact Sheet Center for
Science in the Public Interest, includes suggestions for solutions
- Alcohol Policies Project - also from CSPI
Updated July 24, 2008
Return to FAS home page.