Expectations at age 13
Chronological Age Expectations: Typical 13-year olds...
- Are responsible
- Organize themselves, plan ahead, follow through
- Meet deadlines after being told once
- Initiate, follow through
- Appropriate social boundaries re: body space, appropriate touch
- Establish and maintain friendships
Developmental Age with FAS/E: 13-years going on 8-years...
- Need reminding
- Need visual cues, modeling
- Simple expectations
- Need prompting
- Kinesthetic, tactile, lots of touching,in your space, just learning about boundaries
- Early friendships